Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Day 9

Another long day... but we got a lot done. Another wall frame (and one little one) are up. I finally got the fax line working. The DSL line is on, the file server/exchange server is in and in the process of being configured. The Green Room is pretty much done... and green... with all the tape off!

We spent some time shopping for doors today. We have decided on a pretty cool idea for our non-sliding glass doors. At another studio I work at they did this and it works really well. We are going to take a 36" exterior wood door slab (with full length tempered (double) glass in it) and a 32" exterior wood door also with full length tempered glass and attach them to each other. The 32" door gets cut down a little at the top and bottom. You put a sealer between them and them screw the smaller one to the larger one. You then make two levels of seals in the frame (we are building that), and voila! A double layer door that provides great isolation at a very low cost. Pictures of those to come later...

Also, we are flying out to Denver on Friday to pick up the console. You may remember we got an Amek Mozart with 40 Rupert Neve modules.. :) We are renting a truck (not cheap) and driving it back to Nashville. It's still cheaper than having it shipped though... and much better since it will be in VERY caring hands the whole way.... ours. :)

Here are some of our current progress:














Oh yeah this is the part that really sucks. The gear is really piling up in my little room where my temporary mix room is. I am working so much at the studio I haven't had time to even check out some of the new stuff that's coming in. REAL bummer. :) The alarm system goes in tomorrow and my workstation for my studio b/office should be here Monday... so I will move a lot of this stuff over there then. I did hook up the original black AKG 451EB's though since I got them used. I ran them through the 312's on an acoustic guitar. Heavenly... truly heavenly!! Can't wait to get them on a hat... under a snare... or even on overheads. :)



Thanks for reading!!

Steve Lamm
www.crypticglobe.com
www.cgrnashville.com
www.clubcubasenashville.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home